Highlights of Our Conversation
- What is creativity?
- So many ways we can be creative
- Why, where, and when she dances and how she got started in dance
- A favorite song to get everyone moving in the morning before school
- A key to happiness is accepting that we’re not happy all the time.
- The importance of accepting all feelings and working through emotions through movement
- StoryDance for children
- Sad dances and sad music to channel emotions
- Dancing is like journaling through movement.
- Benefits of dance
- How to get started with dance as a personal practice
- Chakradance: what it is, and what a typical class is like
- “Meditation through movement”
- How she started writing
- Dream journals
- Writing practice.. a little or a lot?
- How to nurture and encourage the innate creativity of children
- The one word that can encourage creativity and help make us all happier
- Advice for those who want to get published
- Ways to be happier
Links and Books Mentioned
Improv Wisdom: Don’t Prepare, Just Show Up by Patricia Ryan Madson
Sledgehammer Writing Contest
The Artist’s Way, by Julia Cameron
Join the Community
Do you want support and connection as you create a beautiful, happy life for you and your family?
Join us in the Happiness Mama Community!
Spread the Word
If you enjoyed the podcast and want to help other mamas be happier, too, please share the blog post on Facebook, Twitter, email, or your favorite platform. To help make the podcast more visible, visit iTunes and kindly leave me a rating, review, and subscribe. Thank you!
Ways to Subscribe to the Happiness Mama Podcast:
Stay in Touch
Get more inspiration and encouragement in your inbox!
Click here to get the Happiness Mama Newsletter, so you never miss a podcast episode or blog post.
Over to You
- Do you dance or listen to music as a way to move through difficult emotions?
- How are writing and dance a part of your life?
- How do you encourage and support your children in their creativity?
- Do you have a system for keeping track of all of your ideas?
Join the discussion in the community, or leave a comment on the blog.
Thank you so much for listening! I hope this podcast helps you be a little bit happier, and helps you go from striving, to thriving!